Friday, August 31, 2018

42 c Charleston - Callies Hot little Biscuits

From my research and my love of a good scone, my mission was to find Callies
Hot Little Biscuit Shop. With agreement from Garry we continued up King St
looking for number 476½, a little further than I had anticipated we kept
walking in the morning heat. By the time we found it, what was going to be
morning tea ended up being lunch. Visions of a table in a shady courtyard
or in air-conditioned comfort and an abundance of free internet, we ended up
with none of the above. Half being the operative part of the street number
as this shop was the skinniest thing you have ever seen, with a menu so
small that every item is on the menu is on display. Like all things it is
not about quantity but quality, and for me these were the most delicious
biscuits I have ever had. We chose their version of a BLT, bacon, lettuce
and tomato served in a biscuit, it's crumbly texture did not deter me, but
Garry reserved his judgement for he is not a fan of messy food. These
biscuits have a different texture, and as they are made with cream cheese
they have a much moister consistency than the scones that we are used to. I
didn't walk all this way for nothing, so I added a small cinnamon biscuit to
the order… OMG that was just divine…

No comments:

Post a Comment